Monday, August 23, 2010

The Big Four


I keep posting this after every round of short stories but, I'm so glad to be reading another novel. I much prefer immersing myself in a full-length mystery and not being tossed about with abrupt changes in characters, settings and style. That said, I do like the Harley Quin stories and try to savour each one of them.

I've posted the cover art of the paperback I'm reading. I don't usually read the really vintage copies, but I haven't been able to find another copy with a more stable binding and a larger typeface at any of the used bookstores in Toronto. (The print is so small I've actually considered reading the mystery with a magnifying glass.)

Before scanning this 1972 gem I removed the $1.99 price tag and discovered this copy originally retailed at 75 cents. The CHEAPEST new copy I could find was $10. That's some crazy inflation!

No comments:

Post a Comment